- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Croquettes in Coconut Cream Recipe
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sole fillets||2 Pound|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger root/1 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 988 Calories from Fat 614
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.5%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g87.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.9 mg
Sodium 1179.6 mg49.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 34.1 g
Protein 45 g89.9%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl with warm water, soak the chili peppers for 5 minutes, drain.
2) Grind or finely chop 1 onion, chili peppers, fish, garlic and ginger together and slice 1 onion.
3) Blend the onion mixture with the lemon juice, cornstarch and salt, mix thoroughly.
4) Shape the mixture into small croquettes.
5) In a skillet, saute the sliced onion in the oil, until browned. Remove from the skillet and keep aside.
6) Cook the croquettes in the oil until brown, remove and keep aside.
7) Drain off and retain 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet, then stir in the coconut cream into the pan.
8) Bring the coconut cream to a boil, then add the croquettes and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
9) Garnish with the browned sliced onions and serve immediately on individual serving plates.