- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Chowder Recipe
|Carrot slice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/4 Inch Slices)|
|Diced raw potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2 Inch)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Small, sliced|
|Parsley sprigs||6 (No Stems)|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked fish||1 Cup (16 tbs), flaked (Haddock, Salmon, Tuna Or Other Fish)|
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.6 mg
Sodium 1208.5 mg50.4%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 29 g57.9%
Vitamin A 230.5% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 43.4% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, boil carrots and potatoes in water and 1/2 teaspoon salt for about 15 minutes until carrots are tender.
2. In the meantime, in a blender jar with crumbing blades, process milk, flour, onion, parsley and ½ teaspoon salt for 10 seconds until onion is chopped.
3. Pour mixture into the saucepan and cook gently with constant stirring until sauce is smooth and slightly thick.
4. Stir in butter or margarine until melted.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients.
6. Serve piping hot Fish Chowder with some bread or toast.