- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Fish Chowder Recipe
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cod/Haddock fillets||4 Pound, cut|
|Salt pork||1⁄8 Pound, diced|
|Onions||4 Large, sliced|
|Potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Evaporated milk||1 Can (10 oz) (Undiluted)|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.9 mg
Sodium 789.5 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 48 g95.6%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 75.2%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Fry salt pork in deep kettle until golden brown and crisp.
3. Add onions; cook until soft, but not brown.
4. Add potatoes and the water from fish. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
5. Add fish; simmer 10 minutes.
6. Combine next 5 ingredients and add. Simmer 5 minutes; do not boil.
7. Add parsley and serve immediately.
Note: Tomato sauce may be omitted from recipe and additional water or milk used to make up total amount of liquid required.