- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Cakes Recipe
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, boiled and mashed (750 Gram)|
|Smoked haddock||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Haddock||12 Ounce, smoked|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|For crumb coating|
|Breadcrumbs||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Breadcrumbs||3 Ounce, dried|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.7 mg
Sodium 1072.4 mg44.7%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 35 g70.4%
Vitamin A 32.7% Vitamin C 93.4%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6.
2) In a pan, add milk and poach the smoked haddock until it is cooked and flakes easily.
3) In a bowl, mix the skinned, flaked fish with the other ingredients.
4) Using your hands, make 8 to 10 fingers or rounds.
5) Refrigerate until firm.
6) In a bowl containing the beaten egg, dip the patties and dredge it with breadcrumbs mixed with chopped parsley and seasoning.
7) Keep them on a greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
8) Serve hot with chips.