- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Baked In An Herb Crust Recipe
|Catfish fillets||24 Ounce (Four Of 6 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , chopped|
|Defatted chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Plum tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Basil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Loosely Packed To Measure)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.5 mg
Sodium 447.5 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 27 g54.4%
Vitamin A 43.2% Vitamin C 80.5%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With 1 teaspoon oil, rub the fish all over.
2) Allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
4) In a large non-stick frying pan, put 1 teaspoon of oil and add the peppers. Saute over moderate-high heat for about 5 minutes.
5) Add the tomatoes and stock and cover the pan. Gently simmer for about 10 minutes, or till the vegetables are soft.
6) Put the sautéed mixture in a food processor or blender and puree. The mixture should be thick enough to lightly coat a spoon’s back. In case the mixture is too thin, put it back in the pan and cook till the desired level of thickness has been achieved.
7) Keep the puree warm.
8) Coarsely chop the basil and put it in the food processor. Add the breadcrumbs and process till finely chopped and thoroughly mixed with on/off turns. Ensure that a paste is not formed.
9) Put the mixture in a large plate or on a sheet of wax pepper.
10) In the crumb mixture, dredge the marinated fish and coat both the sides properly.
11) Use non-stick spray to coat a large non-stick frying pan.
12) Sear the fish over moderate-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side.
13) Put the fish on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 4 minutes per side, till the fish is firm to touch and crispy.
14) Serve hot with the tomato mixture.