- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish and Potato Curry Recipe
|Pomfret||1 Medium, cleaned and sliced|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and diced into cubes|
|Onion||1 Large, minced|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, blanched and sliced|
|Green chilies||4 , slit|
|Tamarind pulp||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||To Taste|
Calories 935 Calories from Fat 418
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.3%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g101.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 474.8 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.6%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 55 g110.2%
Vitamin A 38.1% Vitamin C 200.3%
Calcium 30% Iron 41.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash and clean the fish. Remove fishy smell from fish.
2) Make coconut paste.
3) Take a skillet, and heat oil in it. Add onions and fry until soft.
4) Now , add coconut green chilies and cook for a few minutes.
5) Add all the spices and fry for 2 minutes.
6) At this stage add potatoes sautÃ© them for a couple of minutes and add tomatoes.
7) Let the tomatoes become soft. And then add water to cook potatoes.
8) Add fish, curry leaves and tamarind pulp to the skillet.
9) Cook until potatoes and fish are done.
10) Serve fish and potato curry with steamed rice.