- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish and Oyster Pie Recipe
|Dry white wine||6 Tablespoon|
|Poached fish||3⁄4 Pound|
|Medium cream sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Pastry||1 (For 1 Crust 9 Inch Pie)|
|Egg/Milk||1 (For Glaze)|
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.4 mg
Sodium 900.3 mg37.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 34 g68.5%
Vitamin A 42.9% Vitamin C 52.8%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 62.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Clean the fish by removing any skin and bones and flake it.
3) Remove the oysters from their shells. Cook them in their own liquor and the wine till the edges start to curl. Drain the oysters and reserve the liquor.
4) Put the cleaned fish and oysters in a deep 8-9 inch pie plate and season with nutmeg, pepper and salt.
5) Make the sauce and add to it wine, oyster liquor, cream, onion and parsley. Pour the mixture all over the fish after correcting the seasoning. Dot with a little butter.
6) Dampen the edge of the pie plate and cover it with the pastry. Press the edges down properly. On top, make a slit or two to allow the steam to go out.
7) Glaze pie with milk or egg and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or till the pastry is well done.
8) Serve hot.