- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Firecracker Enchilada Casserole Recipe
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mexicorn||12 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Enchilada sauce||10 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 1439 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.3%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.4%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 249.9 mg
Sodium 2348.5 mg97.9%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.6%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.7%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 79 g157%
Vitamin A 143.5% Vitamin C 93%
Calcium 75.7% Iron 60.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large non-stick skillet, cook the onion and turkey till browned. Drain the fat.
3) Add the mexicorn, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce and seasoning and mix well.
4) Bring the ingredients to a boil and then reduce the heat. Gently simmer for about 5 minutes.
6) In the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, place 6 tortillas.
7) Over the tortillas, pour half of the meat mixture and sprinkle with one-half of the mozzarella cheese.
8) Repeat the layers of tortillas and meat till the ingredients have been used up.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
10) Sprinkle the remaining cheese all over and bake for another 5 minutes.
11) Serve hot after garnishing with tomato and lettuce. In case the dish has been made ahead of time, cover it and store in the fridge. Before serving, heat for 40 minutes, sprinkle the cheese and heat for another 5 minutes.