- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Finnish Pasties Recipe
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|For the crust|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cold water||5 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled|
|For the filling|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled and diced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Rutabaga||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), peeled|
|Ground beef||3⁄4 Pound (Can Use Part Pork Sausage)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Rutabaga||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), diced peeled|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7010 Calories from Fat 3045
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 339 g521.8%
Saturated Fat 133.6 g667.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 922.2 mg
Sodium 1359.6 mg56.7%
Total Carbohydrates 821 g273.8%
Dietary Fiber 60.8 g243.2%
Sugars 54.7 g
Protein 176 g351.4%
Vitamin A 454.2% Vitamin C 589.5%
Calcium 66.9% Iron 293%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°F before baking.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix together flour and salt and then rub in lard.
3) Mix in egg, vinegar and water and then allow the dough to chill.
4) In the meantime, mix together potatoes, carrots, meat, onion, rutabaga, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
5) Even out the dough into six to seven 6-in rounds.
6) On half of each circle, place about 1/2 cup of filling.
7) Top the filling with a pat of butter and then fold other half of dough over filling, crimping the edges to seal.
8) Mix together egg and water and apply this mixture over pasties.
9) Using a fork, make holes to give vent to steam and then bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven.
10) Lower the oven temperature to 350Â°F and then bake the pasties for 1 hour longer.
11) Serve hot at once.