- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Finnish Pasties Recipe
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||5 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled|
|Carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Ground beef||3⁄4 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Rutabaga||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), peeled|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5047 Calories from Fat 2899
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 322 g495.7%
Saturated Fat 125.1 g625.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 890 mg
Sodium 3177.5 mg132.4%
Total Carbohydrates 419 g139.8%
Dietary Fiber 31.7 g126.9%
Sugars 31.7 g
Protein 123 g246.5%
Vitamin A 339.4% Vitamin C 303.7%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 166.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°F before baking.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix together flour and salt and then rub in lard.
3) Mix in egg, vinegar and water and then allow the dough to chill.
4) In the meantime, mix together potatoes, carrots, meat, onion, rutabaga, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
5) Even out the dough into six to seven 6-in rounds.
6) On half of each circle, place about 1/2 cup of filling.
7) Top the filling with a pat of butter and then fold other half of dough over filling, crimping the edges to seal.
8) Mix together egg and water and apply this mixture over pasties.
9) Using a fork, make holes to give vent to steam and then bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven.
10) Lower the oven temperature to 350Â°F and then bake the pasties for 1 hour longer.
11) Serve hot at once.