- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Finnan Savory Pudding Recipe
|Finnan haddie||1 Pound|
|Mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried savory||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 710 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 279 mg
Sodium 1218.8 mg50.8%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 44 g88.5%
Vitamin A 32.1% Vitamin C 108.4%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2. Take a shallow pan, and add the fish into it.
3. Top the fish with bacon and pour enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
4. Cover the pan and steam the dish over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
5. Take out the fish and keep it on a plate.
6. Rub 1 tbsp butter over the fish and allow it to cool.
7. Flake the fish using spoon or fork and combine it with mashed potatoes.
8. Season it with celery salt, pepper, onion, lemon juice, savory and parsley.
9. Beat the mixture until the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
10. Take a frying pan and soften the remaining 3 tbsp of butter and add fish and potatoes. Stir the mixture well.
11. Take a bowl, break the egg and separate it.
12. Beat the egg yolks until it its light and add it to the mixture.
13. Beat the egg whites until it is stiff and add it to the fish mixture.
14. Take souffle dish or casserole and butter it and spoon the mixture over it.
15. Bake the salmon in oven for about 30-40 minutes until they get puffed up and turn golden.
16. Serve the finnan savory pudding with a potato salad.