- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Finnan Haddie Tricornes Recipe
|Pastry for double crust pie||1 , add 1/2 cup grated cheese before mixing with the water|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Pastry)|
|Cooked smoked haddock/Other fish||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 891 Calories from Fat 501
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.1%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 314.3 mg
Sodium 1920.5 mg80%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 61 g121.1%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 0.61%
Calcium 78% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) Roll the pastry to a thickness of about 1/8-inch and cut it into rounds which measure about 4-inches across.
3) Flake the fish properly and add the cheese, pepper, butter and salt in case the fish being used is white. This can be skipped if smoked fish is being used. Add in enough beaten egg and milk to bind.
4) On each pastry round, out a spoonful of the mixture and dampen the edges. Gather the rounds up to form a triangle and press the edges properly together. Brush triangles with milk or the remaining egg and sprinkle paprika all over.
5) Put preparation on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
6) Serve hot.