- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Finnan Haddie In Savory Sauce Recipe
|Finnan haddie||2 Pound|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced pimiento||2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 1⁄4 Can (12.5 oz) (Or 1 Tall Can, Undiluted)|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.8 mg
Sodium 1219.5 mg50.8%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 44 g88.1%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Drain; reserve cooking water.
3. Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan; add onion, green pepper and pimiento; cook until onion is soft but not brown.
4. Blend in paprika and flour.
5. Measure 1 1/3 cups of the water in which fish was cooked; combine with evaporated milk; stir into saucepan.
6. Cook until mixture comes to boiling, stirring constantly until thickened and smooth; cook 2 minutes longer.
7. Add finnan haddie broken into large pieces.
8. Heat and serve with boiled or baked potatoes.