- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filling And Icing Recipe
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Powdered Will Not Give As Good Results)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Orange||1 (Use The Pulp)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||3 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2326 Calories from Fat 698
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g125.5%
Saturated Fat 50.7 g253.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg
Sodium 73.8 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 416 g138.8%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.6%
Sugars 373.3 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 34.4% Vitamin C 203.9%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 83.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add butter, sugar, orange juice and rind.
2) Separate the orange pulp by removing skin and seeds.
3) Add the orange pulp to the above mixture.
4) Beat thoroughly to a smooth consistency.
5) Pour beaten egg white.
6) Use this icing to spread on the topmost layer of the cake.
7) Shave ½ square of unsweetened chocolate in fine pieces using a sharp knife and sprinkle these on top, while the icing is still soft.
8) Melt 2 ½ squares of chocolate and add to remaining icing.
9) Use this mixture to spread a thick coat between layers and on the sides of cake.