- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fillets of Sole Duglere Recipe
|Sole fillet||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||4 Medium, washed and sliced|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (Medium Sized)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fish stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
|Dry bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 741 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.4%
Saturated Fat 21.1 g105.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 220.3 mg
Sodium 1492.4 mg62.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 67 g133.7%
Vitamin A 48.9% Vitamin C 53.5%
Calcium 33% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
Lightly butter 13-by-9- by-2-inch baking dish
2. Rinse fillets under cold water and then place them to drain on paper towels.
Brush with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Fold crosswise; place in prepared dish.
3. Lightly butter one side of a double thickness of waxed paper
4. Was the tomatoes and in hot water, scald tomatoes, and peel.
5. Cut in quarters; scrape seeds and center pulp into a sieve set over a bowl; press through sieve. Set aside.
6. Dice outer part of tomato. Set aside.
7. In small bowl, toss bread crumbs and melted butter and set aside.
8. Preheat the broiler
9. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in small saucepan.
10. Add mushrooms; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; toss.
11. Add wine and 1/4 cup water; bring to boiling.
12. Pour over fish, and then place, buttered paper, butter side down, over fish. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
13. Carefully remove fish from baking dish, and arrange, slightly overlapping, in shallow 1-1/2- or 2-quart broiler-proof serving dish.
14. Top with the mushrooms. Cover; keep warm.
15. Strain fish stock into a 2-cup measure and reserve 1-1/2 cups for sauce. Prepare the sauce by melting 1/4 cup butter in medium saucepan.
16. Remove from heat; stir in flour, salt, and cayenne. Stir in 1-1/2 cups fish stock and the tomato puree; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to boiling.
17. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Return to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
18. Add diced tomato. Pour off liquid from fish and mushrooms. Spoon sauce over everything
19. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over sauce; then sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Run dish under broiler 3 to 5 minutes, or until top is golden-brown.
20. Serve hot