- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fillets of Sole Bonne Femme Recipe
|Sole fillet/Haddock / flounder fillets||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.3 mg
Sodium 726.7 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 56 g112.7%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash fillets and set aside to drain on paper towels.
2. Preheat the broiler
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Add shallots and sauté 2 minutes.
4. Arrange fish over shallots, and top with mushrooms. Sprinkle salt and pepper over all. Add wine.
5. Bring to boiling; reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Add parsley; cook 5 minutes longer, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
6. Drain fish well, reserving 1 cup liquid. Arrange fish and mushrooms in 12-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish.
7. Melt remaining butter in same skillet; remove from heat. Stir in flour until smooth.
8. Gradually stir in reserved fish liquid. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened.
9. Pour over fish. Run under broiler 3 to 5 minutes, or until top is golden-brown.
10. Serve hot