- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fillets Of Sole Veroniojje Recipe
|Seedless grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallots||2 Small, finely chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2392 Calories from Fat 1151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g197.7%
Saturated Fat 64.7 g323.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 892.6 mg
Sodium 3531.8 mg147.2%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g54.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 77.6 g
Protein 136 g271.3%
Vitamin A 49.7% Vitamin C 35.5%
Calcium 47.9% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a shallow skillet heat one tablespoon of the butter and sprinkle with shallots.
3. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and arrange on the shallots. Add the wine and water. Cut a circle of waxed paper the size of the skillet, butter it and place it, buttered side down, on top of the fish.
4. Bring the liquid in the pan to a boil and cook gently ten to twelve minutes. Using two spatulas, carefully remove the fish to a heatproof serving dish and keep warm.
5. Cook the liquid remaining in the skillet until reduced to one-half cup.
6. In a saucepan melt one tablespoon of the butter, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Meanwhile, bring the milk and cream to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk until the sauce is thickened and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add the egg yolk lightly beaten with a little of the hot sauce, the remaining butter and the cooking liquid from the skillet. Cook, stirring, until the butter has melted.
7. Place the grapes around the fish. Fold the whipped cream into the sauce and pour over the fish. Brown quickly under a preheated broiler