- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filled Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||2 Large, hollowed out by taking the core out. save the cores for later use (Or Medium Sized)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crumbled feta cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked wild rice||3 Ounce (Cooked With Vegetable Broth)|
|Dry herbs||1 Teaspoon (Of Choice)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 87 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.3 mg
Sodium 157.2 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 19.9%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Tomatoes are good to go with almost any thing from pastas to rice and other grains like couscous and quinoa. Here is a recipe for filled tomatoes that are savory and delicious along with being nutritious.
Directions for preparation:
• Heat some oil in a skillet and add the mushrooms to it. Add some garlic to it and stir it in to cook till the mushrooms soften a little.
• Cut the core of the tomatoes out and save one core.
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Add some wild rice to the saved tomato core in a large bowl.
• Take the hallowed tomato and sprinkle the inside with some olive oil. Add some salt and pepper.
• Put the tomatoes on an aluminum foil on a baking sheet and put it in the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
• Now add the cooked mushrooms to the wild rice in the bowl. Add some dry herbs of choice and fresh basil.
• Sprinkle on some feta cheese.
• Take the tomatoes and put the filling in them. You can top it with some more feta cheese.
• Put them in the oven to bake for another 5 minutes.
• Sprinkle it with some more herbs if preferred and serve hot