- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filled Cabbage Rolls Recipe
|Cabbage head||1 Medium|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Ground round steak||1⁄2 Pound|
|Coarse cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.3 mg5.1%
Sodium 710.6 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 12 g24.1%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 78.9%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Remove 6 outer leaves from cabbage and trim off the thick parts from each one.
3) Cover the leaves with boiling water and allow the leaves to stand for a few minutes in order to wilt. Drain and cool.
4) Take a bowl and combine together beef, onion, crumbs, seasonings and raisins. Add just enough sauce to moisten the mixture.
5) Divide the filling into 6 portions and place mounds of meat mixture in the center cup of each cabbage leaf. Loosely fold over the sides and roll up.
6) Shred some of the remaining cabbage and place at the bottom of a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
7) Arrange the filled rolls over shredded cabbage with seam side down.
8) Combine the remaining tomato sauce with lemon juice and pour over rolls.
9) Tuck lemon slices in between each roll.
10) Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
11) Serve the Filled Cabbage Rolls hot at snack-time.