- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filled Artichoke Casings Recipe
|Whole fresh artichokes||5|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced (Cooked)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 740 Calories from Fat 384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.8%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.2 mg
Sodium 1316.6 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 23.1 g92.5%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 42 g85%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut off the artichoke stems with a sharp knife and slice off 1/3 top of each artichoke.
2) Scoop out the choke with a melon baller or spoon to make a cup and discard all the coarse outer leaves.
3) In a pan, place the artichoke casings upright in little boiling, salted water.
4) Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the stalk can be easily pierced and leaves can be pulled out.
5) Remove the artichokes and turn upside down to drain.
6) In a saucepan, stir the flour in the melted butter.
7) Stir in the cream and chicken broth, cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and bubby.
8) Stir in salt, tarragon and diced chicken, heat thoroughly.
9) Just before serving time, stir in sherry and spoon the creamed chicken mixture into hot cooked artichoke casings.
10) Serve the Filled Artichoke Casings immediately on a platter.