- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce Recipe Video
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Garlic cloves||4 , minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Velveeta cheese/Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spaghetti sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 373
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.1%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.6 mg
Sodium 580.4 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 25 g49.6%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 17.5%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauce pan heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
2. Saute the garlic for 30 seconds followed by the onion for another 2 minutes or until soft and transparent.
3. Add the ground pork and break the lumps. Saute until browned. Drain some grease if desired.
4. Sprinkle 2 tsp of sugar season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour in the spaghetti sauce and the tomato sauce into the pan and stir to mix well.
6. Simmer on very low heat, until sauce comes to a boil, adding water as needed and stirring occasionally.
7. When it is almost done, mix in the grated Velveeta cheese, turn the heat off and serve.
8. Ladle the sauce over hot, cooked and drained spaghetti (or any kind of noodles).
9. Top with additional sprinkle of Parmesan cheese if desired. Accompany with crusty bread if you like.