- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Mung Bean Soup with Unripe Jackfruit Recipe Video
|Mung bean||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unripe jackfruit||500 Gram|
|Boneless pork||250 Gram (Optional)|
|Ginger||20 Gram, thinly sliced (1 thumb size piece)|
|Garlic clove||5 Medium, minced|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Green chili peppers||2 Large|
|Cooking oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Liter|
|Salt/Stock cube||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 530.7 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 29 g58%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 118.3%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and clean the mung beans thoroughly.
2. Boil them in a 1 liter of water for 20 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a casserole or saucepan.
4. Saute the garlic, onion, ginger and pork meat if using. Cover and cook until meat is tender.
5. Add the cooked mung beans, water and jackfruit. Bring to a boil and then simmer until jackfruit is tender.
6. Season the soup with salt & ground pepper (or stock cubes).
7. Add the green chili peppers and simmer for 1 minute.
8. Ladle into soup bowls and serve hot with crusty bread or serve over rice.