- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Misua Soup Recipe Video
|Misua noodles||90 Gram|
|Bottle gourd/Winter melon||250 Gram, sliced|
|Ground pork||200 Gram|
|Green onion||100 Gram, cut in 1 inch pieces (about 3 stems)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic clove||5 Medium, minced|
|Ginger||10 Gram, cut into strips|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 Medium, boiled (1 per serving)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 650 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.4%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 305.7 mg
Sodium 1113.7 mg46.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 32 g64.7%
Vitamin A 45% Vitamin C 78.3%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, heat the cooking oil.
2. Saute garlic, onion and ginger. Add the ground pork and stir.
3. Cook the ground pork for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add 1 liter of water. Bring to a boil.
5. Add the bottle gourd, salt and ground pepper. Boil for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add the misua noodles and simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Check if the noodles are cooked and stir gently.
8. Garnish the noodle soup with green onions before serving. Top with whole boiled egg if you like.