- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mechado Recipe Video
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For sauteing)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Beef steak||2 Pound, cubed|
|Crushed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cut into big pieces|
|Carrots||3 Medium, cut into big pieces|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock/Wine||500 Milliliter|
|Lemon slice||1 Medium|
|Bay leaves||2 Medium (Optional)|
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 92.2 mg30.7%
Sodium 630.2 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.6%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 109% Vitamin C 39.1%
Calcium 7% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large pot and heat it with some oil. Add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Then add the onions.
2. Add the meat and turn the heat to high to sear the meat. Brown the meat on all the sides.
3. Once the meat is browned, add the wine while the pot is hot and stir to deglaze and scrape the fond off the bottom.
4. Add the can of tomatoes and check the consistency. If it is too thick add a little bit of water. Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat to a medium. Cover and let it simmer till the meat is tender. This would take about 60 to 90 minutes.
5. After 90 minutes, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, the lemon slice and bay leaves. Also add the root vegetables such as carrots and potatoes. Cover and simmer till the root vegetables are done.
6. Serve hot with rice.