- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Maja Blanca Recipe Video
|Coconut milk||500 Gram|
|Cream style corn||380 Gram (in can or in sachet)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||400 Gram|
|Roasted peanuts||50 Gram, crushed|
|Corn starch||12 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.7 mg
Sodium 337.4 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 42.2 g
Protein 9 g18.3%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Put the coconut milk into the cooking pan and bring to boil.
2. Simmer and add the condensed milk and sweet corn. Stir occasionally and boil. Do not cover to prevent from overflowing.
3. Dilute the cornstarch in the water, blend well and add to the pan. Continue to stir for 5-6 minutes or until texture is thickened and creamy. Keep stirring as it will prevent the ingredients from sticking to the bottom of the cooking pan.
4. Take pan off the heat. Immediately put in a greased container (baking pan or pudding mold) while hot.
5. Top with crushed peanuts and let it cool before covering with aluminum foil or any applicable cover.
6. Refrigerate the maja blanca before serving.
7. Serve the Maja Blanca chilled, cut into squares of slices.