- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginisang Monggo Recipe Video
|Monggo beans||250 Gram|
|Pork belly||1⁄4 Kilogram, cubed|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Onion||1 Large, chop|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, chop|
|Ampalaya leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed|
|Patis||1 Tablespoon (fish sauce)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Green chili||2 Small|
Calories 932 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.3%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 681 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 24.7 g98.9%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 61 g121.3%
Vitamin A 42.1% Vitamin C 154%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 63.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPot
1. In a pot pour water and boil the monggo beans until soft.
2. In another pan place the pork and pour water, cover and cook until the water is reduced.
3. Once the liquid has dried out pour cooking oil and fry until the pork is brown.
4. Move the pork to one side and add the garlic and onion, sauté until brown.
5. Add tomatoes and sauté the pork with everything.
6. Add patis and monggo beans, sauté for 2 minutes, pour water and add the green chili.
7. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes covered.
8. Add the ampalaya leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Serve the Ginisang Monggo hot