- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filet o' Fish Sandwiches Recipe Video
|White fish fillet||2 Large (firm fish)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for fish)|
|Old bay seasoning||2 Teaspoon (for fish)|
|Egg||1 (for fish)|
|Panko bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for fish)|
|Lemon salt||2 Teaspoon (or holiday salt blend for fish)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hamburger bun||4 Medium|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Dill pickle||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped (for sauce)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince (for sauce)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, slice|
|Romaine lettuce||1 Medium, crisped|
Calories 905 Calories from Fat 565
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g97.8%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.3 mg47.4%
Sodium 2176 mg90.7%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.4%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 25 g50.5%
Vitamin A 130.4% Vitamin C 37.9%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add flour and old bay seasoning. Mix it well.
2. In another bowl beat egg. Keep it aside.
3. In the third bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs and lemon salt.
4. Dredge fish pieces into flour, then wash it with egg, and roll into breadcrumbs.
5. Place it on a tray, cover, and let it sit for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
6. Place a large skillet on medium high, pour oil, add fish and fry in hot oil for about 5 minutes.
7. Turn fish frequently for even cooking. Remove from heat and cut it into half.
8. For tartar sauce, in a bowl combine mayonnaise, dill pickle, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
9. Slice burger bun into two half. Spread sauce generously on it. Place fish on the bun.
10. Top it with tomato slices and crispy romaine lettuce.
11. Cover it with the other slice.
12. Serve fish sandwich with tomato sauce.
You may also use holiday salt blend instead of lemon salt.
Prepare tartar sauce few hours in advance.