- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filet Mignon With Sichuan Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
|For the sichuan peppercorn oil|
|Sichuan peppercorns||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|For the steaks and marinade|
|Filet mignon steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed well and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice grain||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Medium)|
|For the rice|
|Medium grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the stir-fry|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Green peppercorns||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|Corn oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried green peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded and julienned|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 1460 Calories from Fat 580
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 112.3 mg
Sodium 856.7 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 48 g96.2%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 72.9%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a dry skillet, toast the peppercorns over a medium-low heat, stirring frequently for 15 to 20 minutes or dark brown.
2) In a saucepan, stir-fry the peppercorns and garlic in the oil for 2 minutes over a high heat.
3) Turn off the heat, allow to cool and pour into an airtight bottle or container and store in a cool, dry place.
4) In a mixing bowl, toss the brandy and filets and cornstarch together, coat well. Mix in the oil, cover with a plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5) In a heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, rinse, drain and cook the rice in 2 cups of boiling water for 5 minutes and then simmer covered for 15 minutes.
6) Turn off the heat and allow to stand, covered for 10 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
7) In a wok, heat the oil to 350°F , stir-fry the beef in 2 batches for about 2 minutes, or until the steak is seared and well cooked. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
8) In another wok or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the peppercorn oil and stir-fry the onion, garlic, ginger and peppercorns over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the onion is golden.
9) In a cup, mix the stock with the cornstarch, stir into the wok. Then add the soy sauce, salt, and bell pepper, stir-fry for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
10) Return the steak into the wok, add the cilantro, and stir-fry for about 3 minutes until the steak is thoroughly coated with the sauce.
11) Serve the rice and stir-fry immediately in individual serving bowls.