- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breaded Sole Recipe
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Ground salt||To Taste|
|Breadcrumbs||4 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley sprigs||3 , chopped|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||6 , chopped|
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.9%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g67.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 256 mg
Sodium 603.3 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 67 g134.7%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 30.1%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow dish, combine egg and tarragon and beat lightly until blended.
2. On a plate, spread bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper.
3. To bread the fish fillets, lightly coat them with flour, shaking off the excess.
4. Dip each flour coated fillet in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip back into he dish.
5. Place in crumb mixture, sprinkle on top as well and lightly press so that the crumbs stick to form an even layer on both sides.
6. Keep the crumbed fillets refrigerated until ready to cook.
7. In a large frying pan, melt the butter and oil.
8. When hot, arrange breaded fillets and brown on each side for 3-5 minutes.
9. When fish is cooked remove them to a serving platter.
10. To the butter in the pan, add the lemon juice and Pernod and flambÃ©.
11. Pour the sauce over the fillets
12. Serve immediately, accompanied by a fresh green salad on the side.