- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Figs Stuffed With Raspberries Recipe
|Fresh figs||2 Large|
|Ripe raspberries||1⁄2 Pint|
|For raspberry sauce|
|Raspberry sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Raspberries/Two 12 ounce packages of frozen raspberries||1 Quart|
|Raspberries||12 Ounce, frozen|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grand marnier||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 780 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 13.2 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g60%
Dietary Fiber 50.4 g201.4%
Sugars 116.7 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 334.1%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To prepare the raspberry sauce : Place and press 1 quart berries through a fine sieve and collect the puree.
2) Combine puree with sugar and Grand Marnier and stir until the sugar gets completely dissolved. Refriigerate until use.
3) Slice the figs into sixths, cutting from the top to within 1 inch of the bottom.
4) Spread the sliced segments open like a flower and ensure not to break them.
5) Fill the center of each with raspberries.
6) To serve, ladle raspberry sauce over the figs and garnish with creme fraiche if you wish.