- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Figs And Dates With Whipped Yogurt Recipe
|Nonfat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh figs||16 , halved|
|Dates||12 , pitted, quartered lengthwise|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1636 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.3%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 361.5 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 306 g101.9%
Dietary Fiber 36.1 g144.4%
Sugars 263.1 g
Protein 43 g86.1%
Vitamin A 24.5% Vitamin C 35.4%
Calcium 127.2% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a colander with cheesecloth.
2. Spoon the yogurt and allow the yogurt to drain over a bowl for at least 40 minutes.(longer draining with procure finer quality of cheese)
3. Take a large bowl and toss together figs, dates, apple juice and walnuts.
4. Allow the ingredients to set for marinate.
5. Transfer the yogurt into a medium bowl.
6. Take a hand-held electric mixer and whip in the honey.
7. Spoon the fig mixture into dessert bowls or goblets.
8. Top each serving with a spoonful of the yogurt.
9. Serve in chilled condition.