- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken with Fig Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Pancetta||1 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken thigh||4 Pound, boneless/skinless (8 thighs)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried figs||12 Medium, quartered|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped (fresh)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 254.3 mg84.8%
Sodium 638 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 62 g123.3%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 11% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute the onion and pancetta for 3 minutes. Transfer to another bowl and keep aside.
2) In a bowl, combine the oregano, sugar, salt and pepper; sprinkle evenly over the chicken thighs.
3) Add chicken thighs to the pan; cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
4) Remove the chicken thighs, then add sherry and red wine vinegar; cook for 30 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
5) Add the onion mixture chicken thighs and chicken broth.
6) Bring to a boil, cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
7) Then add the figs, cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until the chicken thighs are done.
8) Stir in the parsley and chopped thyme.
9) Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired and serve with mashed potatoes and corn or pasta or rice.