- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fig Bread Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||8 Ounce (225g)|
|Ground ginger||15 Milliliter (1 tbsp)|
|Easy blend dried yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 sachet)|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce (15g)|
|Dried figs||4 Ounce, chopped (125g)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (Good pinch)|
|Milk||10 Fluid Ounce (250ml)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1417 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.6 mg
Sodium 405.1 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 294 g98.1%
Dietary Fiber 42.1 g168.6%
Sugars 99.7 g
Protein 48 g96.8%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 61.7% Iron 78.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the milk on Microwave Power HIGH for 20 sec, until just tepid. Use sufficient milk to mix the ingredients to a soft manageable dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead thoroughly until smooth and pliable.
3. Place in a large bowl, cover and heat on Microwave Power HIGH for 15 sec. Leave for 10 min then repeat 3-4 times until the dough has doubled in size.
4. Lightly knead the dough and re-shape. Place in a 1 lb/450g ovenproof glass loaf dish. Heat and stand as in stage 3 until well risen.
5. Preheat the oven to Convection 200°C.
6. Cook on the low rack on Convection 200°C for 55-65 min, until firm and browned.
7. Turn out onto a rack and allow to cool before serving sliced and buttered.