- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
In the Kitchen with Ken: Fiery Smothered Shrimp Recipe Video
|Sweet onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic cloves||5 , diced and crushed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Cholula or Crystal)|
|Medium shrimp||2 Pound, deveined|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sandia pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 270.4 mg
Sodium 896.2 mg37.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 36.7% Vitamin C 48%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Cut lime and lemon (1 each) into slices. Cut the other lime and lemon (1 each) into half.
3. In a skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil, and onion and garlic, cook until onion turns slightly translucent. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
4. In the same skillet, melt the butter and add in the spices, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Bring to a boil.
5. To the bowl with onion and garlic, add lime and lemon along with shrimp. Pour in the butter mixture, toss to incorporate the ingredients well. Transfer to a 9x13 inch glass pan. Squeeze lemon juice(1 lemon)
6. Bake at 325F for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Garnish with lime and serve.