- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fiery Asian Chicken Braised with Mushrooms Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Asian sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Asian sesame||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken||4 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Chicken||4 Pound, quartered / cut into 8 pieces (1 whole)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||10 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Lime zest strip||1 (1 inch piece)|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Dried red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 942 Calories from Fat 523
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.5%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 305 mg
Sodium 832.4 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 95 g191%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a deep 6-quart flameproof casserole, saute the chicken in the oil over a medium-high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Remove the chicken and keep aside.
2) In the same casserole, saute the garlic, mushrooms, rice vinegar, soy sauce, cinnamon, lime zest and red pepper flakes, stirring continuously for a few minutes, until the mushrooms are softened.
3) Stir in the dark chicken into the casserole, and simmer covered over a low heat for 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the light chicken and simmer covered for another 20 minutes until the chicken is just done.
5) Transfer the chicken on a plate, allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove and discard the skin and fat.
6) In a bowl or degreasing cup, strain the juices from the casserole, reserve the mushrooms, discard the cinnamon stick and lime strip.
7) Skim off the surface fat, return the degreased juices into the pan and bring them back to a simmer.
8) Stir in the cilantro and simmer for 30 seconds or until barely wilted.
9) Season to taste with salt, return the skinned chicken into the sauce and simmer over a low heat for 2 to 3 minutes until thoroughly heated.
10) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.