- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fiddlehead Crepes Recipe
|Butter||75 Milliliter (5 Tablespoon)|
|Flour||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|White of leek||1 , chopped|
|French shallots||2 , finely sliced (Dry Shallots)|
|Fiddlehead||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||750 Milliliter (3 Cups)|
|Watercress||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Parsley||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|15% cream||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1861 Calories from Fat 725
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.5%
Saturated Fat 45.7 g228.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 305.5 mg
Sodium 1283.2 mg53.5%
Total Carbohydrates 228 g76.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.8%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 64 g127.4%
Vitamin A 560.2% Vitamin C 375.8%
Calcium 49.2% Iron 104.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
– In a saucepan, melt 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter and saute leek whites and shallots until transparent.
– Meanwhile, set aside 18 fiddlehead greens for garnish. Dice remaining fiddlehead greens, add to leek-shallot mixture.
– Pour chicken stock over vegetables and simmer until vegetables are tender to taste. Remove from heat and pass vegetables through sieve. Set cooking juice aside.
– In a separate saucepan, pour cooking juice and add butter-flour roux to liquid and cook over medium heat.
– Add vegetables, watercress, parsley and cream and adjust seasoning, then set aside.
– Arrange crepes in serving dishes. Garnish each crepe with 1/2 cup (125 ml) fiddlehead veloute and fold crepe. Garnish each crepe with 3 whole fiddlehead greens.