- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fettuccini with Crab and Prawns in a Dill Cream Sauce Recipe Video
|Fettuccine||2 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon (For the Dill Cream Sauce)|
|Red onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped (For the Dill Cream Sauce)|
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon (to taste, For the Dill Cream Sauce)|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon (For the Dill Cream Sauce)|
|Dill weed||2 Teaspoon (dried or fresh, For the Dill Cream Sauce)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (For the Dill Cream Sauce)|
|Heavy cream||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (For the Dill Cream Sauce)|
|Crabmeat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the Dill Cream Sauce)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For the Prawns in Lemon Butter Sauce)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced (For the Prawns in Lemon Butter Sauce)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, halved (For the Prawns in Lemon Butter Sauce)|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon (A good Chardonnay wine, For the Prawns in Lemon Butter Sauce)|
|Prawns||7 Medium, peeled and deveined (For the Prawns in Lemon Butter Sauce)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3147 Calories from Fat 2320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 268 g411.9%
Saturated Fat 154.7 g773.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1019.2 mg339.7%
Sodium 3041.9 mg126.7%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 111 g221.3%
Vitamin A 203.6% Vitamin C 165.6%
Calcium 80% Iron 41.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make sure you have all the ingredients prepared and ready before you start cooking.
2. To make the cream sauce, melt the butter in a sauté pan, over medium low heat.
3. Add the onions, lemon zest, salt, dill and white pepper and sauté till onion is soft and transparent.
4. Add cream and lower the heat. Let the sauce reduce. Stir frequently to prevent the cream from burning.
5. While the cream sauce is reducing, in another sauté pan, melt butter for prawns
6. Add little olive oil to the butter to prevent it from browning.
7. When hot, add the garlic, squeeze juice of half a lemon, and pour in the wine. Reduce the heat. Let the flavors blend and the wine reduce a bit.
8. Add the crab to the cream sauce and mix well.
9. Add the prawns to the lemon butter sauce and sauté until then change color and curl.
10. Drain your cooked warm pasta and pile into a pasta plate.
11. Pour the crab cream dill sauce on top of the pasta.
12. Arrange the prawns on top.
13. Garnish with lemon slices (of other half of the lemon) and fresh dill if you like.