- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fettuccine With Vegetables Recipe
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Yellow squash||1⁄2 Pound|
|1% cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onions||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Frozen corn kernels||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dried summer savory/Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2097 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.4%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.3 mg
Sodium 587.3 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 367 g122.2%
Dietary Fiber 35.5 g141.8%
Sugars 49.9 g
Protein 84 g168.3%
Vitamin A 77.7% Vitamin C 96.2%
Calcium 50.1% Iron 58%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. For the sauce, process the cottage cheese in a blender until smooth. With the machine running, add the milk, and process 5 seconds. Stir in the parsley; set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
4. Meanwhile, melt the margarine in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
5. Cook the fettuccine 8 to 10 minutes, or according to the package directions until al dente.
6. Meanwhile, add the beans, squash, corn, savory, pepper and salt to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
7. Drain the fettuccine and transfer it to a large serving bowl. Add the cheese sauce and vegetables, and toss to combine. Sprinkle the pasta and vegetables with Parmesan.