- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Clams Recipe
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Clams||10 Ounce, drained and liquid reserved (2 Cans, 5 Ounce / 142 Grams Each)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|35% whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1|
Calories 1023 Calories from Fat 482
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.7%
Saturated Fat 25.6 g128%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.7 mg
Sodium 499.7 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 35 g69.5%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 17.5%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 68.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms until golden.
2. Stir in parsley and garlic and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
3. To the skillet add clams and half their liquid (discard other half of liquid), stir in wine and reducing heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in cream and cook 5 minutes longer.
5. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine 8 to 10 minutes until al dente and drain.
6. Into the sauce stir Parmesan and butter and toss pasta.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.