- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Feta Chicken with Herbs Recipe
|Skinless boneless chicken thighs||8|
|Chopped fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||4 1⁄2 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon (Such As Thyme, Rosemary, And Oregano To Garnish)|
|For tomato sauce|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Plum tomatoes||4 Medium, cut into fourths|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1770 Calories from Fat 841
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g145.4%
Saturated Fat 34.7 g173.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115 mg
Sodium 1880.4 mg78.3%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.1%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 181 g362.6%
Vitamin A 104.8% Vitamin C 169%
Calcium 99.5% Iron 74.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Divide the herbs among the chicken thighs, then cut the cheese into eight sticks. Place one stick of cheese in the center of each chicken thigh. Season well, then roll up the thighs to enclose the cheese.
3. Place the chicken thighs in an ovenproof pan, brush them with milk, and dust with flour to coat.
4. Bake in a preheated oven, 375°F/190°C, for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. The juices should run clear and not pink when the chicken is pierced with a skewer in the thickest part.
5. Meanwhile, to make the sauce, cook the onion and garlic in the oil, stirring, until softened and starting to brown.
6. Add the tomatoes, lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until soft.
7. Add the herbs, then transfer to a food processor and blend to a paste. Press through a strainer to make a smooth, rich sauce. Season and serve the sauce with the chicken, garnished with herbs.