- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Feta Cheese Pepper Souffles Recipe
|Sweet yellow peppers||4 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|1 % low fat milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Tomatoes||4 , seeded and chopped|
|Black olives||12 , chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Egg whites||4 , beaten until stiff peaks form|
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.9 mg
Sodium 1383.5 mg57.6%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 72.1% Vitamin C 152.5%
Calcium 48.9% Iron 35.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a pan, boil water, add peppers, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes, until barely tender. Drain and place in a baking dish.
3. In a saucepan, melt margarine, add flour and cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in milk. Simmer until thickened and cool.
4. Add in egg yolk, 3/4th cup feta cheese, tomatoes, olives, onion, basil, pepper into the flour and milk sauce. Gently fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites into the mixture.
4. Equally divide the mixture into the halved peppers and top with remaining feta cheese
5. In a preheated oven, bake at 250 degrees centigrade for about 30 minutes, until filling is puffed, and peppers cooked.
6. Serve hot.