- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Feta Cheese Broccoli Crepes Recipe
|Whole wheat crepes||8 Large|
|Broccoli flowerets||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese/Cottage cheese||8 Ounce|
|Feta cheese||8 Ounce (Danish)|
Calories 510 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.6%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 280.3 mg
Sodium 851.9 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 49.6% Vitamin C 102.9%
Calcium 45.2% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350Â°F.
2. Trim the broccoli and peel off the tough outer skin of the stalks.
3. In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch the broccoli and drain them.
4. Take a 8 1/2 x 13 1/2-inch or similar size baking dish and butter or grease it.
5. With a knife or the metal blade of a food processor, chop the onions finely.
6. In a mixer bowl, add the Feta cheese, cut into small chunks, and ricotta cheese and blend until smooth.
7. Place a skillet over medium-high heat and heat oil.
8. Add the onions and sautÃ© them for 3-5 minutes, until soft and transparent.
9. Add the onions, along with the eggs to the cheese mixture in the mixer bowl and mix well together.
10. Place 1/3 cup of the mixture in the centre of each crepe and roll them.
11. In the greased baking dish, place the crepes and tuck the broccoli flowerets with the stalks side first into the ends of the crepes. Cover with aluminum foil.
12. With a knife, make about a dozen small slits all over the foil to allow steam to escape.
13. In the oven, bake for 15-20 minutes.
14. Serve hot, garnished with extra broccoli, yogurt and paprika.