- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Festive Pound Cake With Fruit Compote Recipe
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cut up|
|Sweetened dry cherries||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package Or 2/3 Cup)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange||1 Medium, peeled, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (If Desired)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7225 Calories from Fat 2770
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 315 g483.9%
Saturated Fat 189.1 g945.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1737.9 mg579.3%
Sodium 1625.8 mg67.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1042 g347.3%
Dietary Fiber 27.3 g109.2%
Sugars 727.2 g
Protein 84 g167.5%
Vitamin A 292.1% Vitamin C 365.3%
Calcium 87.4% Iron 143%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F.
2) Take 10-inch angel food (tube cake) pan and grease generously with shortening.
3) Lightly dust with flour.
4) In a large bowl mix 2 1/2 cups sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
5) Stir in vanilla and mix well.
6) Mix 1 egg at a time till blended.
7) In a small bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together.
8) Add flour mixture alternately with orange peel and milk. Beat generously after each addition.
9) Pour the batter into the pan.
10) Bake for 55 to 65 minutes.
11) Let stand to cool for 15 minutes.
12) Place the cake in a serving plate.
13) Let stand to cool for 1 1/2 hours.
14) In a medium saucepan, mix apricots, cherries, 1/2 cup sugar and the orange juice.
15) Heat the mixture till boiling.
16) Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
17) Mix in brandy and chopped orange.
18) Serve warm with cake and ice cream.