- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Festive Fudge Filled Bars Recipe
|Quick oats||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Vegetable shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain chocolate candies||16 Ounce (2 1/4 cups, 1 package, M & M's)|
Calories 3707 Calories from Fat 2014
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 228 g350.4%
Saturated Fat 72.7 g363.7%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2009.1 mg83.7%
Total Carbohydrates 415 g138.4%
Dietary Fiber 32.1 g128.5%
Sugars 229.2 g
Protein 52 g104.5%
Vitamin A 77.6% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 80.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix together flour, oats, nuts, sugar, baking soda, salt and mix well.
2. Now, add melted margarine and mix until the mix resembles coarse crumbs.
3. In a saucepan, melt shortening, add half of the chocolate candies and mix until smooth and blended. Add in condensed milk and keep warm.
4. Into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan, put half of the flour and oat mix and press to the bottom.
5. In a preheated oven, bake the mixture at 225 degrees centigrade for about 10 minutes.
6. Now, over the crust of the cooked flour and oat mix, pour the warm milk mixture, sprinkle with remaining chocolate candies, remaining flour mix and press lightly.
7. Bake again for another 20 minutes, until slightly brown.
8. Cool the contents and then cut into even sized bars.
9. Serve cool.