- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Festive Cherry Salad Ring Recipe
|Canned pitted dark sweet cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cherry syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sherry/Chianti wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chianti wine/Sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tiny marshmallows/10 large marshmallows, cut in quarters||40|
Calories 508 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.13 g0.2%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 279.8 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 104.3 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a measuring cup, drain the syrup from cherries.
2) Add water to make one cup.
3) In a saucepan, pour the syrup and bring almost to boiling.
4) In a bowl, combine the syrup with cherry flavored gelatin. Stir to dissolve.
5) Pour in sherry or Chianti.
6) In an 8-inch ring mold, pour the mixture.
7) Place inside refrigerator to chill until mixture begins to set.
8) Fold in pitted cherries and marshmallows.
9) Place inside refrigerator to chill until firm.
10) In a serving plate, unmold the ring on salad greens. Fill the ring with Waldorf Salad if desired.