- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Festive Cherry Mash Bars Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Mini marshmallows||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherry chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salted spanish peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g43.9%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 11.2 mg
Sodium 484.7 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 48.5 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take an 8 inch square pan and line it with parchment and set it aside.
2. In a sauce pan, add a cup of sugar,butter,salt and evaporated milk.
3. Boil this for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and drop the marshmallows and cherry chips in it.
5. Stir until well combined and quickly empty the mixture in the parchment lined pan and set aside.
6. In a microwave safe bowl add a cup of chocolate chips and the peanut butter.
7. Microwave at 50% power for 3 minutes on until everything is melted.Keep checking and after a minute take it out and stir it.
8. Stir in the peanuts in the chocolate and peanut butter mixture.
9. Spread this over the cherry layer.
10.Let it cool or you can refrigerate it for some time for faster cooling.
11.Once cooled, cut it into squares and serve.