- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fennel Frittata Recipe Video
|Black pepper salt||To Taste|
|Red onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Diced)|
|Fennels||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Goat cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, broken into little pieces|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (Finely Chopped)|
|Goat cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce (Crumbled)|
|Fennel||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Diced)|
|For the egg mixture|
|Fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Salt||1 Pinch (Other(Full absorption))|
Calories 780 Calories from Fat 417
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.5%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g94.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 545.8 mg
Sodium 678.9 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 39.6 g158.2%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 44 g88.2%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 54.9%
Calcium 164.3% Iron 116.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a medium fennel bulb and cut off all the fronds from the end. Reserve a little of the green for the final garnish of the dish. Cut the bulb into quarters. Hold each of the quarters and with the knife at an angle and gently remove the core. Now dice the fennel.
2. In a small frying pan, melt a tablespoon of butter and add the diced red onions to it. Mix them around a little bit to nicely coat it with the butter.
3. Meanwhile into a large mixing bowl add the freshly chopped parsley, zest from 1/2 an orange, a pinch of salt and pepper and 6 eggs. Whisk it all together.
4. Now add the fennel pieces into the frying pan browning the onions, and stir it nicely.
5. Once the fennel looks slightly tender, add in the egg mixture. Once poured in, gently mix it around the pan, pulling in from the edges. Make sure that it cooks evenly, without turning it into scrambled eggs.
6. Once the egg is almost set, add a few pieces of goat cheese scattered across the top. Turn off the heat.
7. Now put the pan under the broiler till the surface turns bubbly and golden brown in color. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve warm or cold garnished with the finely chopped fronds from the fennel bulb accompanied with a choice of fresh salads and bread.
Let the fennel cook only for a couple of minutes to maintain the crunchy texture and the stronger flavor. If you do not like the strong liquorice flavor, cook for a little longer to mellow down the flavor.