- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ask Chef Tony - How to Use Fennel, Episode 2 Recipe Video
|Fennel bulb||1⁄4 , thinly sliced|
|Sea salt||2 Dash|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly grounded|
|Parmigiano cheese||10 Gram|
|For grilled fennel|
|Fennel bulb||1⁄2 , thickly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Fennel seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.8 mg
Sodium 750.1 mg31.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 48.4%
Calcium 29.2% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a plate place the fennel and season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Place the fennels on a bed of arugula and add in parmigiano cheese.
3. Serve Fennel Salad with lemon wedges.
For Grilled Salad
1. In a plate take fennel and drizzle half of olive oil, set aside.
2. Heat grill pan on medium with olive oil.
3. Grill fennel lightly on each side. Fennel should be tender but still slightly crispy.
4. Take out the fennel on a plate and season with salt.
5. Serve Grilled Fennel with roasted veggies.