- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fennel And Tomato Salad Recipe
|Fennel bulb||1 Large|
|Wine vinegar/Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 38.2 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 42%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim fennel and cut it into thin slices.
2) In boiling salted water, blanch fennel for 5 minutes.
3) Drain the fennel slices and keep aside.
4) Peel onion and cut into rings.
5) Cut the tomatoes into slices.
6) In a salad bowl, arrange fennel, onion and tomatoes in layers.
7) In another bowl, make dressing by mixing together oil, vinegar or lemon juice and seasoning.
8) Pour the dressing over salad.
9) Chill for 15 minutes.
10) Serve the chilled salad with your meals.