- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fennel and Apple Salad Recipe
|Fennel bulbs||1 Pound (2 Bulbs)|
|Apples||4 Small (Or 3 Large Sized)|
|Coarsely chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Prepared mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||5 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.7%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.6 mg
Sodium 348.7 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 46.1%
Calcium 9% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the fennel by cutting bulbs in half lengthwise, trimming off feathery green leaves and reserving for garnish.
2. Slice fennel very finely and place the slices in a large bowl.
3. Quarter apples, remove cores and cut apple quarters into thin slices.
4. Add apple slices and nuts to fennel.
5. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and orange juice such that smooth and season with salt and pepper.
6. Toss the dressing with salad to coat.
7. Garnish with reserved fennel leaves and serve immediately with cold roast meat or cold poached fish.