- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fekkas - Moroccan Cookie/Biscotti Recipe Video
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 stick)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Raw almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Eggs||3 Large, thawed|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.5 mg
Sodium 210.5 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 32.7 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 0.47%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line up parchment paper on a cookie pan. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Add salt, vanilla extract sugar, melted butter, chopped almonds, raisins, and sesame seeds while whisking after each addition.
5. Fold in the flour mixture slowly into the eggs mixture until soft dough is formed.
6. On a hard surface, sprinkle flour. Transfer the dough on it, sprinkle the flour and knead the dough. Separate the dough into 2 lumps and form a log from each lump (15 inches long and 2 inches wide).
7. Place the 2 logs in the prepared cookie pan and make sure there is space between them as they will expand while baking.
8. Bake the logs for 30 minutes or until golden and firm when pressed with a fingertip. Cool the logs to room temperature.
9. Slice the baked logs using a sharp bread knife. Return the fekkas to the pan and bake for another 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
10. In a serving plate, serve the Fekkas with hot milk or any other beverage of your choice.